Thursday, April 19, 2007

Sideways knit (Opal pattern)


Sideways knit (Opal pattern)
Originally uploaded by Strickanfall.
Well, I wanted to try out the sideways knit sock. Let's just say: the pattern as written does not fit my feet. Hm: it's ok width-wise, but the foot needs to be a lot shorter. (I guess I would need 19 stitches less, so that would be 23 stitches for the foot, and only 121 total). Other than that: I am not convinced by the yarn either. And I will stop ordering those super-deal packages with unknown sock yarns. I really don't know, what I am going to do with this yarn. I will find something or other, just don't know yet. Off to the frog pond.

Man braucht laengere Farbrapports fuer quergestrickte. Ausserdem brauch ich 19 Maschen weniger fuer die Fusslaenge, das weiss ich jetzt auch. Tja, hinterher ist man immer schlauer, gell? Von der WEite her passt's grad: oben etwas eng, unten am Fuss etwas weit. Was ich jetzt aus dem Garn mach, weiss ich echt nicht. Kindersocken wahrscheinlich. Schaumermal. Und ich hoer auch endlich auf, diese Sockenwollesparpakete zu bestellen, da ist naemlich doch immer Wolle drin, die mir nicht gefaellt. case in point.

Tellement de choses qui vont pas: j'aime pas la laine, le pied de la chaussette est trop long. Enfin, fallait que je l'essaie, mais je ne suis pas entierement convaincue que je vais retenter. Au cas ou, j'ai note le nombre de mailles necessaires pour le pied: 23 au lieu des 42 du patron. Bizarre, non? (et oui, l'essai est bon...). Bon, et je vais aussi arreter d'acheter des paquets pas cher du tout surprise de laine chaussettes.

Sideways Socks Trial (off to the frog pond)
Yarn: Lana Grossa Meilenweit Safari
Color: blue, green, orange, white, black
Needles: 2.5 mm Addi turbo circs

IMG_1824

IMG_1822

No comments: