Tuesday, April 18, 2006

planning on buying some more yarn...

I know I have enough projects going, but I just love the nation colors from Regia... and will need to knit some patriotic socks for the football worldcup.

(edited to put in a pic of the Regia color in question for all those non-German knitters...)

And: I just saw that wollywood has it as well, and they have Jawoll (I want the pink, and I want to try it). Plus, I saw there is also some bleu-blanc-rouge available. I need this. Before the world cup!

Ich weiss auch nicht, aber ein Wochenende in Deutschland und ein bisschen Fussball im Fernsehen, irgendwas hat mich davon ueberzeugt, dass ich unbedingt patriotische WM Socken brauche. Auch fuer J! (und vielleicht fuer andere Auslandsdeutsche, oh je, wie das klingt-- aber nur kleine, damit es schnell geht!). Und dann hab ich gesehen, dass wollywood die auch in den franzoesischen Farben hat, super! Also brauchen wir jeder zwei Paar Socken! Jedenfalls ne tolle Entschuldigung fuer noch mehr Sockengarn, oder?

Un weekend en Allemagne, et me voila toute motivee pour le tricot de chaussettes en honneur de ma patrie (et eventuellement aussi de ma patrie adoptee, vue que wollywood l'a aussi en bleu-blanc-rouge). En tout les cas, je trouve que c'est une excuse formidable pour l'achat d'encore plus de fils!

3 comments:

liuia drusilla said...

Patriotic socks! What a funny idea! :)

Lara 900 said...

that's exactly what I thought when I saw this yarn! But then, living abroad, I thought it might be funny, especially for ds and all his little buddies...

Rain said...

That's fab yarn, you definitely need some patriotic socks. My brother lives out in Norway and I've just had to send him a lot of England stuff ready for the world cup.