Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Travel and Vacation Knitting

(click on the photos for a bigger view and more photos...)
I got to knit on the planes (Lufthansa and Air Canada), and I got to knit at the park, and I sometimes got to knit in the evening... And I thought I was going to see everyone knitting in public in the States and in Canada, but no, I never saw a single knitter out there.... was always the only one, just like here.

Im Flieger gestrickt, auf verschiedenen Spielplaetzen mit Meeresblick und Bergblick gestrickt. Und abends zuhause gestrickt. Produktive Ferien.

Tricote dans l'avion et dans les parcs du Nouveau monde, quand J etait en train d'essayer les toboggans. Remarque, le fait que la France ait banni les balancoires des aires de jeux m'a fait un fils qui a peur des balancoires: il essaie pour deux secondes et demande: "Descendir, Maman". Sic, oui, mon fils fait des erreur de grammaire. Et je ne les corrige meme pas, puisque je lui parle uniquement en allemand. Mais il en fait en allemand aussi, je vous rassure tout de suite.

Thuja Socks for my Dad's 86th birthday

Pattern: knitty
Yarn: Regia Silk, bought at Junghans Wolle
Color: anthrazit
size needles: 2.5 mm DPNs bamboo (Addi?)
care: machine wash
knitting time: don't remember
knitting fun: long and grey...
Modifications: 64 stitches
new techniques learnt: well.

Dishcloths galore (green ones for my hosts in my home exchange, and yellow ones for myself)
Pattern: green1, green2 and yellow1, yellow2 (all found at Dishcloth Boutique)
Yarn: pale yellow: Bernat Handicrafter Cotton (bought at Michael's)
green: Gedifra Beauty Cotton (bought at urban yarns in Point Grey, Vancouver)

size needles: 4.5 mm Addi Turbos (weren't dishcloths a fine excuse to buy Addis missing in my collection?)
care: machine wash
knitting time: don't remember
knitting fun: was fast and fun
Modifications: some
new techniques learnt: well.

Footlets for me
Pattern: Regia
Yarn: Regia Sock yarn bought at Urban Yarns, Point Grey, Vancouver
color: beige
size needles: 2.5 mm DPNs (bamboo most of the way, until I lost one knitting needle on a flight somewhere between Vancouver and Paris)
care: machine wash
knitting time: don't remember
knitting fun: was fast and fun
Modifications: -
new techniques learnt: I liked not doing a chain stitch selvedge and then picking up stitches along the garter edge

Reverse Bloom Flower Washcloth
Yarn: Crystal Palace Cotton Chenille bought at urban yarns in Point Grey, Vancouver
Color: bubble gum (light pink)
Pattern: Weekend Knitting
size needles:4 mm DPNs (bamboo)
care: machine wash
knitting time: CO: 19july06 finished 23 july 06
knitting fun: was fast and fun
Modifications: -
new techniques learnt: --

3 comments:

LadyLungDoc said...

Isn't Urban Yarns great? I wandered around the store with my carryon in tow during my last business trip to Vancouver. I have to find that Regia pattern - footlets are always too short for my large feet.

Consider yourself stalked.

Lara 900 said...

ooops, sorry, Regia has redone their website so my link to the pattern of the footlets is broken, I just fixed it.

Unfortunately, they don't seem to have an English language version of their site any more, so the pattern link is in German only.

Faerynuff said...

I love the flower washcloth, it looks beautiful!