Monday, November 27, 2006

An in-progress picture

IMG_1544











Just a picture to prove that my knitting is making progress while I am not blogging: the Xmas cardi for J, blocking here. I am currently stitching in the zip, using the super tutorial on the Chic Knits site.
It's a top-down raglan, actually my first. I used this calculator and inspired my choice of where to use self-patterning and where to use solids from knitty's Sweetness. I used seed stitch for the borders, and added a strip of seed stitch around the shoulders. You might be able to spot the different dye batches in the grey... I did my best to hide the changes, and I think, when worn, it won't be visible. I used EZ's afterthought pockets with a purl ridge and am really pleased with how they turned out. I also made EZ's fake seams both on the body and the sleeves.


Endlich mal wieder ein Foto vom Fortschritt. Hier ist also Js Weihnachtspulli, in den ich gerade von Hand den RV einnaehe, nach dieser Anleitung.
Es ist mein erster Raglan von oben, den ich hier berechnet habe. Fuer die Verteilung von selbststreifendem Sockengarn und uni Sockengarn habe ich knitty's Sweetness als Anregung benutzt. Und schliesslich habe ich sowohl die Afterthought Pockets als auch die falschen Naehte von Elizabeth Zimmermann zum ersten Mal benutzt und bin sehr zufrieden mit beidem.

Preuve que le gilet pour mon fils est en cours: je suis en train de coudre le zip, en suivant le guide de ChicKnits. C'est la premiere fois que je fais un raglan du haut, et j'ai utilise cette calculatrice pour avoir mes nombres de mailles. Pour la couleur, c'est a dire ou mettre les rayures, Sweetness sur knitty m'a inspire. Et puis j'ai utilise les poches et les faux coutures de Elizabeth Zimmermann.

No comments: