Thursday, May 04, 2006

No TemptingII, searching for patterns

So, it's final: I do not want TemptingII. Don't know what had me thinking that I would like a sweater done in ribbing. That barely stays on my shoulders. That I would have to wear a strapless bra with and still would not be able to wear to work (well: bare shoulders...).
So, between yesterday and now, I decided that I want a short-sleeved sweater, not a cardigan. Wearable for work. In a smooth pattern, so I can appreciate the smoothness of the yarn. I would also like cap sleeves. And some kind of pattern to make it more interesting to look at. So I toyed with the idea of modifying the Picovoli pattern. And I did some swatching. I hate to swatch: feels like time lost instead of actually knitting the project. And decided that the increases/decreases that make all the charm of Picovoli make it very difficult to use any kind of structure other than ribbing (oh no!). So I think I will be modifying Picovoli only as I will use a calculator to convert the stitch count to mine, and then go for a quick knit, instant gratification object done all in stockinette stitch.

Danke fuer die Kommentare und Denkanstoesse! Nachdem ich jetzt echt lang nachgedacht hab, ist es jetzt soweit: ich mache doch nciht TemptingII. Statt dessen werde ich aus dem elastico Picovoli machen. Und halt einfach nur rechnen, um mit meiner Maschenzahl aus der Maschenprobe (immer noch nicht gewaschen) hinzukommen. Ich hab auch ueberlegt und sogar noch mehr Maschenproben gestrickt, ob ich nicht in das Vorderteil ein STruktur oder Ajourmuster einstricke. Aber mit den Zu- und Abnahmen haette das echt bloed ausgesehen. Ich koennte die ja an den Rand verlegen. Aber ich will nciht. Ich werde, sobald die Maschenprobe gewaschen und mit Gewicht gehaengt ist (haja, bei diesem Muster ist es naemlcih wichtig, wie die Reihenzahl hinkommt), getrocknet und gemessen ist, werde ich mich ans Umrechnen machen. Fuers Wochenende (Babyjacke und Hedera sind fertig, aber ich hab noch keine Fotos) nehm ich einfach mein Mystery Project mit, dann kommt das auch mal vorwaerts!

Voila, c'est decide: finalement je ne ferai pas TemptingII. Je ne veux vraiment pas de pull fait entierement en cotes (mais qu'est-ce que je pensais????), qui ne tient pratiquement pas sur mes epaules... Avec l'elastico, je m'attaquerai a Picovoli, et apres plein d'essais de differents points de relief et de dentelle, je me suis decidee de ne rien rajouter, ca sera tout simplement en point jersey. Donc, vivement une fois que mon essai est lave pour la calculette pour adapter le patron. (et ce weekend, parce que hier soir j'ai termine le gilet bebe et les chaussettes Hedera pour ma mere mais pas de photos encore, j'amenerai mon projet mystere avec moi... comme ca ca avancera doucement)

No comments: